These Cheesy Touchdown Loaded Potato Skins are sure to be a BIG hit on Game Day!
This post is sponsored by Ricos Products, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Are you getting ready for the Big Game? We love entertaining and having a Game Day party. We get a little sad that football season is ending, but it means we get to throw a party and still enjoy one last game with family and friends
Our team didn’t make it this year, but we love watching it anyway and cheering on the teams who did. Now, I’ll be honest, my husband is the football fanatic in our house and I just go with the flow. I’ve tried to understand the game but there’s just so much that I don’t get. And, do I dare ask for clarification and get the scowl? Or maybe that’s just my husband. He’s tried to get me excited so many times, that he just gave up. He watches and screams and I play with the boys or check some things off my to-do list and shout the occasion “GO TEAM!” whenever he starts cheering.
But, one thing is for sure, you will never see me turn my nose up to a day of family and food! I also get excited to watch the commercials, yep I’m one of those! Game Day around our house is a day of relaxing and splurging with yummy appetizers and food. We have finger foods on our menu that will keep the big tummies and the little tummies in the family happy!
At the top of our list for our hungry game day crew – these Cheesy Touchdown Loaded Potato Skins! These loaded potato skins are easy to make and even my little guys cheer for more!
I picked up all the ingredients, including the Ricos Condensed Cheddar Cheese Sauce (which has 50% more product once mixed correctly) from Walmart. I love that Ricos has 0 trans fat and it’s made with NO hydrogenated oils. The Condensed Cheddar option will save time and money and will feed a crowd. I noticed that there are other flavors as well, so I purchased Ricos Premium Nacho Cheese to set out with our chips and salsa. It’s so nice that you can just warm it and serve – a great time saver for busy moms!
Now let’s get to the recipe
CHEESY LOADED POTATO SKINS
- 15 oz can Ricos Condensed Cheddar Cheese
- 4 large potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 1/4 cup chives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Crumbled bacon
1. Preheat oven to 425º. Place potatoes in a dish and prick all over with a fork. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a sheet pan. Brush potatoes with olive oil. Bake until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp.
3. When potatoes are cool, cut in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, remove middle, leaving a 1/4″ thick shell. Add skins back to the sheet pan and brush with oil, garlic powder and salt mixture. Bake until golden and crisp, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 375º. Fill the potatoes with Ricos Condensed Cheddar Cheese (mixed correctly). Bake 10 minutes.
5. To finish off your cheesy loaded potato skins, top with bacon, a spoonful of sour cream, and diced chives. Serve immediately.
The Big Game is next weekend and I can’t wait to have family and friends over! We like to keep things simple for watch parties like using themed table clothes or simple themed party decor and having plenty of food to enjoy. I can’t wait for you to try this recipe.
Pin Now Try Later: