There are many people who truly appreciate gift cards for Christmas and it is so much fun to use a creative gift card presentation idea. When in doubt, use ideas for gift card holders that keep the gifting spirit but you’re also confident you are giving a gift that someone absolutely can use. If you get creative, your friends and family will look forward to getting gift cards from you each year just to see how you package them.
This post is sponsored by InComm. All opinions are my own.
This is a great time of year to give gifts to those special people in our lives and our children’s lives! We love to gift those who touch our lives, even if just a small gesture, to show our appreciation.
As much as the holiday season seems to start earlier and earlier each year, there is still somehow never enough time to finish everything on our list. Then with crazy shipping times and crowded stores, finding a thoughtful and cute gift can be a challenge. This year we are giving Christmas gift cards that I picked up at Walmart – simple, useful and practical!
On our last shopping trip to Walmart, I noticed their awesome display of gift cards ranging from Apple iTunes, Fandango, to Domino’s and Red Robin. There is definitely something for everyone. We picked up a 3-pack of $20 Vanilla Mastercard Gift Cards to gift those on our list.
Why Give Gift Cards?
There is nothing wrong with giving a gift card at Christmas! Especially for someone who “has it all” – it’s much better than giving a gift that will just get returned, or worse, sit in a closet for 5 years and eventually get donated to Goodwill with the tags still on it.
- Gift cards are desirable. People enjoy receiving gift cards because they get to choose their own gift.
- They are convenient. They are easy to pick up when you shop at Walmart for all of your other holiday needs.
- Low shipping costs. It is easy to send a gift card in the mail without high shipping rates.
- Avoid giving unwanted gifts. You don’t have to worry about what to get someone or what do they already have.
Whether you are buying a gift card from someone’s favorite restaurant or treating them to a movie, gift cards guarantee that people will love what you give them. They have the freedom to pick out whatever they want, and you are relieved of the stress of finding something perfect for everyone.
Now, if you’re looking to add a personal, handmade touch to a gift card, get creative with your wrapping! I’ve got the perfect gift card presentation idea.
Gift Card Presentation Ideas
Give your gift card the special touch with this gift card presentation idea. A clear tumbler with a straw is an idea for a gift card holder. The clear tumbler doubles as a gift and a gift card holder. With the addition of a few other holiday fillers, this is a simple gift that is also practical and looks so festive.
Gift Card Holder with Pom Poms
This clear tumbler is simply filled with a few red and white pom-poms and then tied off with a ribbon and bow. Then, you put the gift card inside the plastic tumbler and it’s the perfect teacher gift or for a friend.
Gift Card Holder With An Ornament
The following Christmas gift card holder idea is to use a clear plastic tumbler with a straw to hold the gift card. You can fill the tumbler with red and white shredded paper and then drop the gift card inside. Finish the presentation by tying an ornament to the outside of the cup.
Gift Card Holder and Chocolate
Another gift card presentation idea is to fill the clear tumbler with artificial snow and individually wrapped chocolates. The recipient is certain to enjoy the tumbler, the chocolates, and the gift card. It turns an ordinary gift into an extraordinary gift.
Christmas Gift Card Ideas
These gift cards are available from Walmart and they can all be made into a cute gift with just picking up some candy and other quick-grab items that could be used to create on-the-fly gifts. If you know a little more about someone, it’s easier to pick a more specific gift card for a gift but the Vanilla® Mastercard or American Express® allow the recipient to choose where they spend their gift card.
Types of Gift Cards Available at Walmart
- Darden Dinner Spinner: Buy $50, get Dinner Spinner
- Brinker/Chili’s® : Buy $30, get $5 eBonus Card. Valid 1/1/19-2/6/19
- The Cheesecake Factory® $50: Buy $50, get free slice of cheesecake. Valid 1/1/19-3/31/19. Purchase required prior to 12/31/18
- Spa Week® $50: Buy $50, get $10 bonus card. Valid 1/1/19- 3/31/19
- Domino’s® Pizza: $40 Multi-Pack. Buy $40 Gift Card, get $5.
- Google Play: All Denominations. Get up to a $100 Bonus in Clash of Clans items.
- Subway® $25: $25 with Value Gift Packaging- ornament or removable gift card
- Red Robin®: $50 with $10 Bonus Buck Reward
- Ruby Tuesday: $45 Multipack with Free App
- Regal® Cinemas: $25 with a free drink
- Long John Sliver’s®: $25 with free fish and pups
- Hotels.com®: $50 with $15 off booking fee
- Fandango $50: Buy $50, get $5 bonus rental. Expires 3/31/19
- Vanilla® Mastercard: $60 Multipack Vanilla®
- Variable Load Mastercard
- American Express® $50
Who To Give Gift Cards To
It’s a good idea to start your Christmas list early and then you can narrow down who would be the perfect recipient for a Christmas gift card. Think about gift card presentation ideas when you give gift cards to teachers, the babysitter, close neighbors, coworker gift exchanges, and close friends. These are people who would truly appreciate being thought about during the holiday and it’s not about the gift amount.
Simply look for the holiday gift cards display on your next trip to Walmart and pick your favorites from the dozens of brands offered. Then, put the gift card in a frame for a clever way to gift a gift card.
Who is on your list that you plan to grab a gift card for? How do you add something extra to your gift cards? Share your ideas in the comments below.
PIN FOR LATER: