I’m so excited to share this Dr. Seuss treat for kids. This Dr. Seuss party favor is perfect for a Dr. Seuss theme or a Dr. Seuss Read Across America Day treat.
Dr. Seuss Treat for Kids
This Dr. Seuss treat is just perfect for Read Across America Day which is an annual nationwide reading celebration – March 2, Dr. Seuss’s Birthday! In the educator world, Read Across America Day is a BIG deal and it’s always worth celebrating reading! This is the perfect DIY treat for parents or teachers to make for our special kids!
Oh! The Places You’ll Go Dr. Seuss Treat for Read Across America Day
How to Make the Dr. Seuss Treat
- GoGo Squeez Applesauce
- Dr. Seuss Stickers (found at TargetSpot)
- Dr. Seuss Flash Cards (found at TargetSpot)
- Oh! The Places You’ll Go Printable Favor Tags
- Color Paper
- Hole Punch
This is a relatively simple treat to make and it’s inexpensive! I’ll share a few short-cuts in case you decide to make this for a larger group.
Print and Cut
The first step is to print the Oh! the Places You’ll Go Printable on color paper and then cut the rectangles to be a little smaller than the Dr. Seuss flash cards.
The next step is to use Mod Podge (or an adhesive) to stick the printable to the Dr. Seuss flash card. I applied Mod Podge to the flash card, mounted the printable, and then sealed it with a layer of the Mod Podge on top. It dried pretty quickly.
This is what the front of the card looks like with the attached printable and then Dr. Seuss was on the back of this particular set of flash cards which I really liked. These were the color + shape flash cards (different themed cards had different images on the back). A short-cut idea would be to simply print the printable and omit using the flash cards.
Hole punch the printable/flash card. I practiced first on an extra printable and then used it as a template (the one pictured above on the left was my template). It made it quicker to just place the template on top of the flash card and hole punch away.
Tie the Ribbon
I threaded the ribbon through one hole, wrapped it around the plastic top of the GoGo Squeez and back through the other hole, and then tied a simple knot in the front. In the above photo, you can see I decided to also add a Dr. Seuss sticker to the back of the GoGo Squeez pouch.
I decided to cut the four corners off of the flash card (as pictured below) but that’s an optional step.
Here’s the final Read Across America Dr. Seuss GoGo Squeez Treat
- As I shared above, to expedite the process, the printable could simply be printed, hole punched, and tied around the GoGo Squeez (skipping the Mod Podge step).
- This Dr. Seuss treat could be used for any other Dr. Seuss themed party, just design a printable and put another message in place of “Read Across America Day.”
- Since I used the Dr. Seuss title Oh! The Places You’ll Go to align with the GoGo Squeeze treat, this would also make a great preschool/kindergarten graduation treat. Oh! The Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss is a common book title given as a graduation gift.
If you liked this Dr. Seuss Party Treat for Kids, subscribe via email for more freebies in my resource library!