This is a sweet and salty Valentine’s Day treat that everyone loves! Valentine’s Day Chocolate Pretzel Hugs are so easy to make and require just three ingredients: pretzels, Hershey’s hugs, and M&M’s.
My boys love, love, love chocolate covered pretzels. The sweet, salty, and crunchy combination is irresistible and addicting! So I’m sure you can guess, these Pretzel Hugs never last long around here.
Even though Pretzel Hugs are one of the most simple treats ever, I wanted to share the recipe even though you can probably make this one just from looking at the photo.
The kids can easily help make these and it’s really mess-free! My son was the best at unwrapping and tasting the Hershey’s hugs! My 6 & 8-year-old boys loved making these Valentine’s Day treats because they can do the whole thing from start to finish on their own with the exception of having me put them in the oven and pull them out when the Hugs are soft and starting to melt.
This treat is so festive and can be customized for any holiday or celebration!
Chocolate Pretzel Hugs ingredients
The ingredients are easy to find. You just need pretzels, Hershey’s hugs, and M&M’s. I just ordered through the Target app and popped by for curbside pickup! I prefer the Snyder’s of Hanover Pretzel Snaps because the square shape is a perfect platform for the chocolate.
Valentine’s Pretzels Instructions
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below
- Preheat oven to 320°F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Align pretzels on the sheet.
- Unwrap Hershey’s Hugs and place one on each pretzel.
- Put in the oven until the Hugs begin to melt down. Bake about 2-4 minutes.
- Stick an M&M on top. The Hugs should flatten when you press the M&M on top.
- Let the Chocolate Pretzel Hugs cool
Tips for Pretzel Hugs
- The pretzel hugs can be customized for any time of year. Just use the M&Ms of the season.
- You can use other candies on top if you want to get creative or add another pretzel to make a pretzel sandwich.
- Add a bit more flare with a few sprinkles or even top with a pecan half for a less sweet option.
- Don’t leave in the oven too long, keep checking because if the chocolate melts too much, it makes a mess. The Hershey Hugs are ready as soon as they are soft.
- I purchased the 11 oz Hershey Hugs, 10 oz M&Ms, and 16 oz Snyder’s pretzels. I used the entire 11 oz bag of the Hershey’s Hugs and had plenty of pretzels and M&Ms left for another batch. If you want to make more, just buy two bags of the Hershey Hugs.
These Valentine's Day Chocolate Pretzel Hugs are an easy holiday treat that the kids can help make!
- 1 bag pretzels
- 1 bag M&Ms
- 1 bag Hershey's Hugs
Heat oven to 320°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
Put the pretzels on the baking sheet. Top each pretzel with one unwrapped Hershey's Hug.
Bake 2 to 4 minutes. You will see the chocolate soften, but do not wait for it to melt. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool for one minute.
Top each Pretzel Hug with an M&M.
Allow to cool and then store in an airtight container.
More Valentine’s Day Inspiration
50 Valentine’s Day Children’s Books – As Valentine’s Day approaches, are you looking for Valentine’s Day Children’s Books? This book list is the perfect guide to children’s books about love.
Valentine’s Day Sensory Bin – This Valentine’s Day Sensory Bin is a fun way for kids to explore different textures and use their imagination!