Do you want to style a space when you walk into your home with a console table? Styling your entry table can be just the way to create a warm welcome. These are the things to consider when you choose your entry table decor.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission, at no cost to you, when you choose to use the links provided. See the Disclosure Policy for more information.
I’m so excited to share my entry table decor. We bought our home a few years ago and we are decorating it slowly but surely! I had a great spot for an entry table on a wall straight ahead of our front door, but I was struggling with exactly how I wanted to decorate and what style I was going for. Now that I’ve had some time to start figuring it
I was fortunate to head out on a girls day of shopping and lunch so I had help mixing and matching and getting some much-needed opinions. I’m far from a decisive person! The good news is now our home is starting to feel
Choosing an Entryway Table
I did a lot of searching for many different console tables. I found several different designs that I liked. I ultimately selected my criteria as a table that was affordable, narrow and not too long, a top and bottom shelf, rustic brown, and I wanted two drawers. I found searching on the internet easier since I could easily get the dimensions of the tables.
Tips to Consider When Choosing Your Entry Table
- Price – There are expensive options and there are inexpensive options. I fluctuated between both ends of the spectrum before ultimately finding this table and it was inexpensive.
- Size – It’s really important to measure the space where you are trying to put your console or entry table. Our space is right at the bottom of our stairs so we wanted something not too long but also relatively narrow. We didn’t want to bump into the table every time we passed through the hall.
- Color – There are console tables in every color. I ultimately decided on this color since it matches the color of my furniture in the adjacent living room.
- Style – There are rustic, traditional, modern industrial, coastal styled tables. You’ll have to also consider the function when choosing the style. Consider if you need drawers to stash keys or bills.
Choosing Entry Table Decor
There are so many beautifully styled console tables! A quick Pinterest search will give you lots of ideas to consider. But the challenge for me is taking the styled photos to real life! That’s why I’m linking to products that are similar to my table decor for your reference.
Tips for Styling An Entry Table
- Choose the focal point – It can be a mirror, a piece of art, or even a
collage. The focal point tends to center the console table and it’s usually a fixated piece. My mirror was my focal point.
- Style under the table – Add texture and style underneath the table. I love how my tray turned out. And there’s so much flexibility to switch pieces out seasonally. The below example is another way I plan to style the tray for the spring with a different candle holder and the floral ball.
- Pick a color scheme – Add some different elements within your color scheme. My table has neutral tones but I incorporated elements of gray and a touch of green with the faux planter.
Shop My Console Table Below
If you like the look of my table, you can shop some of the pieces below. Some of my finds came from Tuesday Morning or Home Goods which I cannot directly link to but I found the closest items that I could from other retailers.
This mirror was the staple piece for my entry decor. I found it at two retailers but the best price was this one. And of course, the table was the first piece that I purchased and I thought it was
Console tables can be used to style any room in the home, whether it be your entryway, living room, dining room, bedroom or pretty much anywhere! They can be used to add personality to your space and the decor can be changed throughout the seasons. I’ve also showcased the console table live on Instagram and saved it to my highlights if you would like to see it, just scroll through to see how I changed it for spring!