This classic grilled chicken sandwich is a family favorite for backyard gatherings. These marinated chicken breasts are savory and juicy and then topped with a balsamic mayonnaise to make the best grilled chicken sandwich ever!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Tyson, Unilever, and Ball Park Buns. All opinions are my
Just for a moment, imagine you are sitting outside on a warm day with a cool drink in hand,
your favorite music is playing, there’s the lingering aroma of grilled food, and the kids are
happily playing. Doesn’t this sound amazing? It really is that simple to keep our family the
happiest. One of our favorite things to do in the warmer months is grill, listen to our fave
playlists, have a picnic on the deck and play in the backyard with our boys. We often times plan a backyard blast at least once a week! It is such a great way to kick back and relax. There is less
stress and fewer dishes when we just keep the menu simple and we can actually spend time as
At our last backyard blast, we enjoyed a new twist on the classic grilled chicken sandwich and I
can’t wait to share this recipe with you. What’s really great about this recipe for our family is
that everyone eats it! My five-year-old enjoys the grilled chicken sandwich and my three-year-
old just likes to eat the balsamic mayonnaise marinated chicken cut into strips. You know that’s
when you scream awesomesauce when you find a meal that works for everyone!
The layers on this grilled chicken sandwich are DELICIOUS. You’ve got your grilled chicken, your juicy tomatoes, and crisp lettuce between two soft crustini buns and slathered with a balsamic mayo.. seriously, what’s NOT to love about this?
HOW TO KEEP BACKYARD MEALS SIMPLE
For the best-grilled chicken sandwich ever we picked up a pack of Tyson Chicken breasts, 2 jars
of Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise and Ball Park® Tailgaters Crustini Buns at Sam’s Club. It’s convenient and saves money to pick up some of our favorite products in bulk at Sam’s Club. I also love to have leftovers so I don’t have to cook the next night and there’s plenty if neighbors or family want to join us. Check here for more unique and yummy summer recipes!
Since we are eating outside, we keep it simple with plastic ware or paper products. We put a vinyl tablecloth on the table that is easy to wipe down after we eat. And we have simple side dishes like pasta salads or fruit salads that are easy to prepare ahead of time.
Here’s the Best Grilled Chicken Sandwich recipe. I hope you like it as much as we do.
BEST GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH
Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Balsamic Mayonnaise Marinade
Who doesn't like a grilled chicken sandwich? A grilled chicken sandwich is a must serve for a backyard party. These marinated chicken breasts are grilled and then sauced with a balsamic mayonnaise that is addictively tasty.
- 2 cups Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tyson Chicken Breasts halved
- 4 Ball Park® Tailgaters Crustini Buns
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 sliced tomato
1. Whisk together the Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise, onion and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl, and pour into a resealable plastic bag, reserve 1/2 cup for the sandwich spread.
2. Add the chicken breasts, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes to overnight.
3. Grill chicken, turning once until chicken is thoroughly cooked for about 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches at least 160°F. Let chicken cool slightly, then slice.
4. Spread reserved mayonnaise mixture on buns. If desired, top bottoms with lettuce, chicken, tomato, and then the bun tops.