These cheesy Easy Meatball Sliders are an easy game day appetizer recipe that the whole family will love or serve them at your next party! Made with Hawaiian rolls, meatballs, provolone, and marinara.
This post was sponsored by King’s Hawaiian as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
With the Big Game approaching, I thought I would share a delicious game day recipe that happens to be one of our favorite appetizers throughout the year. These easy meatball sliders will definitely be on our menu, as well as buffalo chicken dip. When it comes to the game, my mind is definitely on the food more than anything!
Because really, does it get much better than juicy meatballs sauced in marinara and covered with hot, gooey cheese?! I loved the idea of making the classic meatball sub in a mini size, by using slider buns stuffed with saucy, scrumptious meatballs and melty provolone cheese. Topped off with a mixture of garlic, butter and baked until gooey. Although perfect for a game day appetizer, this recipe is also a family pleaser for those quick weeknight meals.
Meatball Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls
I will say it takes a really good bun to make this recipe such a hit! I carefully selected King’s Hawaiian Pre-Sliced Slider Buns! The new slider buns are pre-cut and slightly larger than King’s Hawaiian traditional dinner rolls. They will hold the meatball slider together perfectly and make this game day recipe irresistible. You will find King’s Hawaiian products in the deli/bakery aisle of your local grocery store. Of course, these buns would be perfect for pulled pork or mini-burgers as well!
How to Make Easy Meatball Sliders
The assembly for these meatball sliders is pretty easy. Check out how to get started below. Scroll down for the printable meatball slider recipe.
You will want to dig in after one good look at these delicious, saucy meatball sliders. They are very easy to make and I will share a couple of tips if you want to make the recipe even easier!
- Spray your 9×13 casserole dish and place the bottoms of your rolls in the dish.
- Mix your cooked meatballs and marinara sauce together in a bowl.
- Spoon cooked meatballs covered in your favorite marinara sauce on top of the slider rolls.
- Top them with lots of cheese.
- Place the top slider buns over the meatballs and brush them with your garlic butter seasoning.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 12 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Tips for Making Meatball Sliders
- If you need to save even more time, pick up frozen meatballs as a quick and easy way to get your sliders served at your event.
- Use your favorite cheese or get creative and mix cheeses. I selected provolone for this recipe as a twist to the classic mozzarella cheese! Provolone just happens to be my husband’s preference.
- You can prep ingredients ahead of time and keep them in containers to save time during your party. Just be sure to keep the slider rolls in their packaging so they don’t get stale.
These Meatball Sliders are an easy appetizer to make for your next party! Made with Hawaiian rolls, meatballs, marinara, provolone and topped with garlic butter.
- 9 King's Hawaiian Rolls
- 18 small meatballs or 9 large meatballs
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
Preheat over to 350° F
Spray your 9×13 casserole dish and place the bottoms of your rolls in the dish.
Stir together the butter and garlic seasoning in a small bowl.
Spoon a cooked meatball covered in your favorite marinara sauce on top of the slider rolls.
Top them with lots of cheese.
Place the top slider buns over the meatballs and brush them with your garlic butter seasoning.
Cover with foil and bake for 12 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Be sure to let me know what you think of these easy meatball sliders! The King’s Hawaiian pre-sliced Slider Buns are perfect for this sandwich. Try and you won’t be disappointed.